Our Guru, HH Jimei Rinpoche, has perfect wisdom and uses precise words in spreading and expounding the Dharma. In answering his disciples' questions, he uses simple but quotable words to humorously explain the in-depth meanings, which profoundly moves the listeners to their delight and benefits.
We, the disciples, wish to exactly record, excerpt or compile what Jigmed Rinpoche has said, so as to allow people to increase their wisdom by drinking the Dharma-nectar. We follow our Guru's holy path to Buddhahood to gain blessings, to perfect wisdom, to benefit ourselves and others and realise the Mahayana Bodhisattva and Tantra path.
Palyul Tibetan Buddhist Society (PTBS) was established in May 2019 and the Charity Number is 1183353.
The objects of PTBS are to advance Buddhism for the benefit of the public through the holding of lectures, seminars, meditation and religious services to enlighten others about the Buddhist faith.
1. His birth
Our honorable Master is HH Jimei Rinpoche fully named Khentrul Palden Rinpoche, Ogyen Thangs Dbyangs Drub Tra Palsongpo. He was born on May 10, 1971 (the same day Guru Padmasambhava was born) in today's Barkam County of Aba Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Sichuan Province. His father is called Awanggexi and his mother, Jiasiji. His grandfather was a successful practitioner of the Gelug school teachings.
Like other tulkus, his birth displayed inconceivably auspicious signs. After two months of pregnancy, his mother started to urinate milk-white liquid. Despite visits to many famous doctors, the real cause was not found. The phenomenon was not back to normal till she gave birth to our Master. When he was born, he, encompassed by the fetal membrane like a transparent sphere, pressed his palms and sat in a lotus position. With five Buddha-birthmarks representing the five types of wisdom, his body emitted a sandalwood scent. At that time, a double rainbow appeared and lingered in the sky for a long time. (See the official website: www.palyul-tw.org)
2. His spiritual progress and why he came to Taiwan
1) Three days after the birth, he could speak the word "Buddha".
2) At the age of three, he was certified by Galong Rinpoche of Datang Temple.
3) At the age of six, he was found by the Dharma King of the Nyingma school through the astrological sign and led to Palyul Monastery.
4) At the age of eight, he was admitted to Mindrolling Monastery to learn the Tibetan script.
5) At the age of 12, he returned to Palyul Monastery and listened to Longchen Seven Treasuries preached by Musangkan Qianzacuo. Later he was tonsured by the Dzogchen achiever, Tulsong Rinpoche (Gyang Khang Tulku Thubten Balsong) , at Palyul Monastery.
6) At the age of 18, he finished studying all the Tibetan Tripitaka.
7) At the age of 19, he isolated himself for meditation and acquired Thubzang Rinpoche’s Dzogchen teachings. His isolation lasted for three years and three months, during which Dorje Phurba descended and bestowed empowerments on and gave instructions to him. Various senior monks have certified and praised him to have made achievements in his practice, which is as vast as the universe. And since his root guru Tulsong Rinpoche, conferred on him the Buddhist ritual hat and other Buddhist talismans à la Guru Padmasambhava, he has started to fulfill his compassionate vows by travelling the globe to spread the Dharma in order to save sentient beings.
8) He was first invited by Penor Rinpoche to teach the minor tulkus at Namdroling Monastery in India.
9) In 1997, at the invitation of Penor Rinpoche, he came to stay in Taiwan to spread the Dharma for long.
10) In 1998, he founded his first practicing field in Qingshui District, Taichung City, Taiwan, called Palyul Guanyin Temple. Under his leadership, Palyul Tibetan Buddhist Society has set up many practicing fields separately in Qingshui, Taichung, Fengyuan, Changhua, Lukang, Huwei, Chiayi, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Taipei, Guangzhou in China, Cape Town in South Africa, Thailand, etc. Currently, the practicing fields are planned to be set up in the UK, France, etc. Besides, there are more than 50 Dharma-lecturing halls. (See the official website of Taiwan: www.palyul-tw.org)
At the end of February 2003, he was invited again by Penor Rinpoche to Namdroling Monastery for the enthronement ceremony. During the ceremony, various masters like Penor Rinpoche, Maha-siddha Galong Rinpoche of Palyul-Tarthang Monastery, and Palyul Gyang Khang Tulku Tulsong Rinpoche certified him to be Knenchen Palden’s reincarnation, and unanimously recognized his great achievements in practicing Dzogchen With perfect completion of Buddha’s qualities.
This special ceremony was witnessed by Shechen’s Rabjam Rinpoche, Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Jiang Qin Tulku, hundreds of great khenpos, tulkus and Dharma princes of various school lineages, and 3,000-strong monastics.
After the ceremony, he led the five chairmen of Taiwan’s Buddhist Society and the cadre to hold a stately Dharma ceremony in honor of the Sangha: more than 200 attending Dharma kings, maha-khenpos, tulkus, Dharma princes and retreat practitioners, and 300-strong monastics including little samaneras and bhikkhunis. Additionally, he donated money to the fund for Penor Rinpoche to establish temples, nunneries, Buddhist institutes, orphanages, etc. (See the official website of Taiwan: www.palyul-tw.org)
4. Master’s nature, virtue and compassionate vows
1) In order to spread the Dharma without any language barrier, he mastered colloquial Chinese with incredible Manjushri-like wisdom in a very short period of time. Ever since, he has been able to unreservedly confer the core and pith of Tibetan Buddhism on his disciples in Taiwan.
2) He lamented that people were little blessed in the Dharma Decline period. Thus, many people even loved the Dharma but they did not understand it. They misunderstood the Dharma to be merely either chanting the Buddha and reciting sutras, or displaying supernatural powers. That was why they were very likely to be fooled and cheated by fake spiritual masters. Therefore, he has emphasized practicing the Dharma as the first top priority, and has required his disciples to lay a solid foundation to begin with the basic vow-making. He has led and guided his disciples step by step up into the profundity of the Dharma.
3) He has not asked his disciples to make any offering to him. He has only wished them to learn the Dharma diligently and practice it in their daily lives. Consequently, they will truly help themselves and others depart from suffering towards joy. Hence, all Buddhist courses he conducts are free of charge.
4) He participated in the full process of the establishment of each practicing field. Especially, he himself planned and designed the mandalas. During the construction period, he even led his disciples to get involved all the way from the removal of old decorations to the final completion. His efforts in this regard have been aimed to build a comfortable and convenient practicing field for the believers to listen to the Dharma with delight.
5) He has contributed what he has been offered by his followers to the Buddhist undertakings: setting up practicing fields, building ten billion mantras prayer wheels, renovating Palyul Mother Monastery, the retreat center and advanced Buddhist Institute, building bridges, paving roads, making offering to monastics, etc. All that he has done indicates his compassionate vows to benefit all the living beings as a buddha or bodhisattva does.
Volunteer with us
If you are interested in Buddhism, Dharma and helping others please contact us. We will guarantee you will have very meaningful experiences with us.